The missions of the Controller’s Office include the conduct of various business functions of the university in a manner that supports its overall teaching, research and public service missions. The units seek to maximize the quality of the customer experience while maintaining appropriate cost effectiveness. We help the university coexist and prosper in joint relationships with its customers, vendors, employees, donors and other stakeholders. Some specific missions include:
- Maintenance of a student accounts system with the corollary functions of billing and collecting on student accounts and solving problems for students and parents.
- Maintenance of a robust general accounting system along with all the policies and procedures needed to maintain and utilize the same for production of account statements, and University, School and Department financial statements.
- Maintain systems that originate an orderly flow of well-documented transactions into the university accounting systems.
- Maintain a system of internal controls that protect university assets and afford for the production of quality financial statements and other information.
- Provide a system of central procurement and travel management such that resources are deployed in a cost effective and consumer centric manner.
- Support the research mission through project/award accounting, expense & reimbursement processing and regulatory compliance activities.
- Timely completion of high quality financial, regulatory, trustee, tax and other reporting requirements.